The Open Academic Congress The relevance and lessons from the Unidad Popular’s project seeks to build a space for bringing and the interaction between the traditional academic world and that of the growing universe of research and popular creation to debate, value and remember that tragic moment in Chile’s history, as an urgent exercise in the face of the enormous challenges we face.
Organized by the Universidad Abierta de Recoleta, together with 23 social organizations and academic institutions, national and foreign, the Congress will present works from more than 140 exhibitors from Chile and the world, in person and online, between the 5th and 6th of September, 2023.
The call for proposal submissions is now closed, but you may take part in this initiative as an audience member by registering using this online form.
The Congress will be held in two forms: in person and online. In person activities will take place in the commune of Recoleta, located in Santiago, Chile, and presentations made from other cities and countries will be online. Persons of any educational level may present their proposals, regardless of academic degrees or professional titles.
Proposals for the Congress were accepted vía two open calls, between May 8th and June 18th. More than 200 proposals were submitted for consideration.
For details regarding the rules and terms of the Congress, please click here.
If you have questions regarding the presentation of proposals, you can write to us here: [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a charge to attend the Congress?
No. There is no charge to attend as a member of the audience, or as a participant. The Congress is free of charge.
2. Where will the Congress be held?
The Congress will be online and in person. All in person activities will be held in the Zócalo of the Municipality of Recoleta, located at Av. Recoleta 2774, Recoleta, Recoleta’s Cultural Center and the Pedro Lemebel Library, located at Inocencia 2711, Recoleta. All are located three blocks from the Einstein metro station.
3. Do I need to register to attend the Congress?
Yes. To attend the Congress as an audience member, you must register on the onlne form and await further instructions from the organizing team.
4. Is there a maximum number of people that can attend?
Yes. There is a maximum number of people that can attend the in person activities. This will be informed in a timely matter.
5. Will audience members receive a certificate for their attendance?
No. We will not be granting certificates to audience members for their attendance to the Congress.
1. Is there a cost to attend or participate in the Congress?
No. Attending and/or participating in the Congress is free of charge.
2. If I attend the Congress as a member of the public, do I have to register?
We will soon make a registration form available for those who wish to attend as a member of the general public.
3. Where will the Congress take place?
In Santiago, Chile, in different locations in the commune of Recoleta. These will be informed in a timely manner.
4. If I am outside Santiago or Chile, may I present at the Congress?
Yes. As long as you follow the registration procedure and send your proposal on the assigned dates, you may present at the Congress. The Congress will also be online for those that cannot attend in person.
5. If I am outside Santiago or Chile, is there financial assistance, sponsorship or per diem available for me to participate in person?
No. The Congress does not provide financial assistance for those who participate. A presenter who is not in Santiago and wishes to appear in person, may do so of their own accord.
6. Will I receive any type of certificate for presenting at the Congress?
Yes. Once the Congress is over, certificates will be made and delivered in a timely manner to the people who present in any of the five formats.
7. If I present in person, will I be able to present in PPT format or similar?
The Congress production team will contact you to enquire about your technical requirements and their feasibility, taking into consideration the Congress’ different sections and formats.
8. Is there a limited amount of proposals I can present?
There is no limit. The only requirement is to register and send your proposal within the established deadlines in the calendar.
9. Is there a limit to the amount of people that may attend as general public?
It will depend on where the Congress is held.
10. In the event my proposal is selected, and for whatever reason I am unable to present, will I receive a certificate anyway?
No. Certificates will only be given to those who actually present, in person or online.
11. In the event that I cannot show up on the day or at the originally assigned time, can I request a change of date and time?
Some exceptional cases will be taken into consideration.
Come to the Congress:
Attend the Congress «Chile, Latin America and the Caribbean 50 years after the Coup d’état: The relevance and lessons of the Unidad Popular’s project» and be part of this unique experience where over 140 exhibitors will come together.
To participate as an audience member, register using this online form and wait for further instructions from the organizing team.